Money type mapping to VB5 Jet workspace

From: "Bill Hutto" <bill(at)hammondgroves(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Money type mapping to VB5 Jet workspace
Date: 1998-12-31 15:16:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,
	I'm having problems with the mapping of the money type to an
appropriate type in Visual Basic 5.0. Presently, it is coming across
as type float8, and if that were acceptable to me, it isn't when I
update, because I get an error '524':

 parser: attribute 'amount'  is of type 'money' but expression is of
type 'float8'
You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.

I can successfully update only with an ODBC direct workspace, where I
can add single quotes around the value. I would prefer to be able to
use the Jet workspace, however, as well as data bound controls.
Is it possible to have it map to the currency data type?

Thanks,
Bill

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Ken J. WrightDate: 1998-12-31 21:58:31