Why PostgreSQL is better than other commerial softwares?

From: "Albert Chen" <chen6178(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Why PostgreSQL is better than other commerial softwares?
Date: 1998-12-17 01:03:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm using FreeBSD and PostgreSQL 6.4. I tell my advisor
to try PostgreSQL, but he said:"Why PostgreSQL is better
than other commercial softwares? If you could give me
ten reasons, and I will give it a try."
Would anyone tell me what's reason you like Postgres.
Because it's free, powerful and have others, thanks.

-Albert.