Date & Datetime problems

From: Constantine Manoussakis <cmanoussakis(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Date & Datetime problems
Date: 1998-12-16 08:38:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there folks,
I am a new user with Linux and Postgres, and I am investigating the
possibilities of using Postgres as my main dB for Data Acquisition
applications over a network. I would like the following help (if
possible):

1) A good reference book for ecpg & libpq
2) what the format of the date & datetime fields must be i.e. if I
create a table such as 'create table daten(date1 date, date2
datetime)' what is the format of the date and a=date time. I have
tried all of the formats mentioned in the .html Programmers manuals,
but none seem to work.

Thank for the help!