Re: [HACKERS] JOIN syntax. Examples?

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com>, Dan Gowin <DGowin(at)avantec(dot)net>, "PGSQL HACKERS (E-mail)" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] JOIN syntax. Examples?
Date: 1998-12-11 22:35:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Thomas G. Lockhart" wrote:
>Does anyone have a non-M$ RDBMS which implements SQL92 joins?

The book "The Practical SQL Handbook", which is often recommended on
these lists, uses the syntax `*=' and `=*' for left and right outer
joins (page 211). I think we ought to support this syntax as well,
since it will save new users from confusion.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver