Re: [ADMIN] recovering data from pgsql 6.1 installation

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Andrey V Khavryutchenko <akhavr(at)compchem(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] recovering data from pgsql 6.1 installation
Date: 1998-12-01 22:49:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Andrey V Khavryutchenko wrote:
>OE> Look at the man page for postgres.
>
>Something in particular?

I can't remember what your original question was! postgres is the backend
program, which is started by postmaster for each connection.

>OE> I suggest you turn on debugging in the backend: nohup postmaster -o -e
>OE> -d 2 >> /var/log/postgres.log 2>&1 &

>$ sudo -u postgres /home/postgres/bin/postgres \
> -D /home/postgres/data -e -d 2 mailing
>Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
>I guess I should rebuild postgres with debug info and report the backtrace?

Remember you can also use gdb (or ddd, which is nicer) to attach to a
running process.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver