Re: [HACKERS] Parser bug?

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Parser bug?
Date: 1998-11-24 19:22:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
  >In fact, I was about to point out that the query you were describing
  >couldn't possibly give you a reliable answer, quite independent of
  >whether the backend is implementing it properly or not.

I think this will do the job; can you please check it out:

select rcname,rcsrc from pg_relcheck, pg_inherits as i
        where rcrelid = '%s'::oid
          and (not exists                                    -- for
		 (select * from pg_inherits                  -- non-inherited
                        where inhrel = pg_relcheck.rcrelid)  -- tables

          or  (not exists                                    --
		 (select * from pg_relcheck as c             -- for
                        where c.rcname = pg_relcheck.rcname  -- inherited
                          and c.rcrelid = i.inhparent)       -- tables
               and rcrelid = i.inhrel));                     --

--
Oliver Elphick                                Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
     "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the