Multi user enviroment with PostgreSQL 6.3.2

From: silvio_paiva(at)uol(dot)com(dot)br
To: owner-pgsql-hackers-digest(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Multi user enviroment with PostgreSQL 6.3.2
Date: 1998-11-19 11:54:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all! Hope you all be fine!!...

This is my second time asking about this database. Hope get answer from you
guys, and pre-thank all of you!

I'm working for a non-commercial comunity (a church) and we decided to
control all activities using a small network. I'm using Linux 3.0.34 as OS
and PostgreSQL 6.3.2.

I asked about the limit of connections and Marc answered me 32 hard limit. I
looked for where I could change this limit but didn't find it... Could
anyone tell me where I can change this?

Has anyone experienced this enviroment (OS and DB) for up to 50 simultaneos
connections? About performance and possible crashes of kind of protection to
keep all stable...

The machine is a Pentium II 400MHz, 128MB RAM, 9 GB SCSI, DAT Tape to backup
the database.

I really thanks all for any help or sugestions, including self experiences!

Silvio Paiva
Electronic Engeneer