Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA

From: "Cary B(dot) O'Brien" <cobrien(at)access(dot)digex(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA
Date: 1998-11-15 14:28:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Applixware 4.4.1 proports to be able to talk to corba objects.

>From the 'Builder' documentation...

For the Builder Programmer, CORBA allows you to access useful objects
residing in any part of your network. These objects may exist on the
same machine as your Builder application, or they may exist on a
different machine. The objects may be implemented in C++, Smalltalk,
or some other programming language supported by your ORB's IDL
(Interface Definition Language) compiler.

At the center of any CORBA distributed application is an ORB (Object
Request Broker). Applixware supports any CORBA 2-compilant ORB that
supports the IIOP protocol. The following figure shows the
architecture of a Builder application accessing a CORBA object.

Hmm.. Interesting... I need to read the rest of this.

NB: I have not tried to get this to work. I posted to the applixware
list asking if anyone had get it to work, and didn't get a response.
Plus it is new.

-- cary

[1] Builder is their RAD tool.