Re: Ready for admin guide and INSTALL

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu (Thomas G(dot) Lockhart)
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ready for admin guide and INSTALL
Date: 1998-10-30 17:17:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> OK, I'm about ready to freeze the admin guide and installation info. I'd
> like to put the TODO list into the release notes, along with a few
> paragraphs highlighting feature improvements/changes which might affect
> users.
>
> Do you want to write something, or should I go ahead? Also, I'd like to
> clean up/consolidate some of the entries in the TODO list; should I do
> that and commit it or do it and just send it directly to you?

I have updated the TODO list, and it will probably not change before 6.4
is released.  You can use the copy in the distribution, or on the web
page.  The web page copy has HTML markups.

If you want to clean up the TODO list, please do.  E-mail me an ASCII
copy back, and I will update it here.  If you want the markups of your
changes in html, change the ASCII, and I will run it through to get
html.

As far as a highlights, I can't think of some good words for it, so
please go ahead and write something.  In previous releases, certain
items clearly came to me, but not with 6.4.