Re: [HACKERS] NS32K regression test

From: Jon Buller <jonb(at)metronet(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] NS32K regression test
Date: 1998-10-30 02:56:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I think you must have been unlucky enough to get an inconsistent
> fileset. That's always a risk when grabbing stuff directly from the
> CVS repository --- if someone else is checking in updates at the same
> time, you might get some old files and some new.

Hmm. Probably for the inet bug, that one suprised me a bit. I'm
not too sure my libc and libm deal with the corner cases of IEEE-754
double precision yet, so I wasn't suprised by those. And I was
expecting the datetime stuff to fail, since it did a few months
ago, and I haven't figured out what's going on there yet, and a
lack of debugging time hasn't helped.

> If you have time, please do another update and run another full
> rebuild from the current fileset. We fixed a couple of problems
> since Tuesday anyway.

Just finished the update, going to start the build now... The nice
thing about all this is major portions of it can be done without
any intervention, and it's not too hard to spare a few minutes
every few hours.

I'll let you all know how it this one works out too. I'm not
expecting much more than the inet problems to go away, and maybe
that backwards select since I saw those messages about every operator
under the sun not wor... 8-)

Jon