NS32K regression test

From: Jon Buller <jonb(at)metronet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: NS32K regression test
Date: 1998-10-29 20:30:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I did a CVS update tuesday night, built it yesterday, and ran the
regression test today...  Here are the results of running
"grep failed" on regress.out:

destroydb: database destroy failed on regression.
float8 .. failed

    It appears that there is some confusion whether 1e200 is an
    overflow or underflow here.  Something to check in libc is my
    guess.  I also got errors with 10e-400 and -10e-400 underflowing.

datetime .. failed

    Here I get my same old problem of:  (There are others, but I suspect
    they all have the same root cause.)
      QUERY: SELECT ('now'::datetime - 'current'::datetime) AS "ZeroSecs";
    ! ZeroSecs
    ! -----------------------------
    ! @ 428 days 7 hours 8 secs ago

horology .. failed

    I suspect the same stuff that makes datetime fail is making
    this fail too...

inet .. failed

    This seems to be caused by:
    + ERROR:  type name lookup of cidr failed
    I did a gmake distclean, configure, gmake, gmake install, initdb,
    cd test/regress, gmake all, gmake runtest.  Did I miss something?
    Is the beta different from the CVS version I got (Tuesday night)?

sanity_check .. failed

    This one looks pretty serious, but perhaps it's not:
      QUERY: VACUUM;
    ! pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
    !       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before
    or while processing the request.
    ! We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing
    is impossible.  Terminating.

misc .. failed

    The results of this query are reversed:

      QUERY: SELECT unique1 FROM onek2 WHERE unique1 < 2;

    And inet_tbl is missing from another query.  (Only looking at
    the 3 line diff context doesn't tell me much, but I suspect
    that it's the same error that caused the inet tests to fail.)

There you have it, NetBSD-current/pc532 (from about a month ago)
with Tuesday night's CVS update of PostgreSQL is not quite ready
for prime time.  It's pretty close though.  If someone wants to
log into my machine and take a whack at it, I'll try to set something
up.  Otherwise, I'll have to wait a week or two before I can touch
it.

I don't think I have the ability to submit any diffs this late in
the beta cycle safely anyway.  Besides I have a big part of a
homework assignment to do before Monday, and the prof scheduled
a midterm the same day he wants to collect the homework. 8-( (Too
bad I can't quit my job for a year and finish this degree work all
at once.)

Jon Buller

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Frank RidderbuschDate: 1998-10-29 21:41:25