Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.4 items

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.4 items
Date: 1998-10-28 16:18:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Thanks. Applied.

> > > The patch below arranges that the sequence(s) get created
> > > first. Unprivileged user now can create table with serial
> > > columns.
> > >
> > > Regression tested.
>
> So Marc's assumption that his BETA3 is what we release was
> false. We really know how to trigger his hot buttons - eh?
> :-)

You want even worse. I fixed a problem in the system table just now
with the lseg_eq <> problem. That requires an initdb for people to see
the fix.

But we might as well fix it now, because we can't ask for initdb after
the final release.

Can someone check that that fix does not affect the regression test
results? I doubt we do lseg not-equal tests in the regression suite.
You will have to do an initdb to see the change.