Re: [INTERFACES] LiveWire Javascript and PGSQL

From: "Roeland M(dot)J(dot) Meyer" <rmeyer(at)mhsc(dot)com>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>, LIST - PGSQL Interface <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] LiveWire Javascript and PGSQL
Date: 1998-10-21 02:52:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
At 01:08 AM 10/21/98 +0000, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

>> I got postODBC under WinNT. Where can I get iODBC? My alternative here
>> is to scrap 5 months of JavaScript code and do a re-write in g++.
>The psqlODBC driver from is the basis for our
>current integration work, but the changes we have made to run under Unix
>have not yet been moved back into the insightdist tree. So, if you are
>on Unix, use our beta or the source tree coming with Postgres-6.4.
>I would think that even if there are a few problems you would do better
>working them out with the psqlODBC driver rather than losing 5 months of
>coding. We're not aware of any specific problems though so you should
>just try it!

My thinking exactly! Messing with this now is cheaper than re-writting
code, if it works.

>> (Using) Caldera Linux with v2.0.35 kernel upgrades (Linux Enterprise
>> Server prototype).
>You should be golden. I'm running RH4.2 with kernel-2.0.30, which is
>very similar to the Caldera distribution I recall.

The Caldera distro was originally based on RedHat and still has a *lot* of
RedHatisms in it. However, RedHat rpms don't quite work on the Caldera
directory structure. MHSC takes Caldera as a base-line and adds in a *ton*
of stuff to build our Linux Enterprise Server (LES). It's kind of like
turning a Lotus into a Peterbuilt , or Cosworth building truck engines <grin>.

>I will post an announcement on the interfaces mailing list, and Cary
>O'Brien will likely do the same on the mailing list.

I'd appreaciate a file-attached tar.gz lacking that a URL of where to fetch
it from would be greatly appreciated. Where do I send the pizza?

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:rmeyer(at)mhsc(dot)com>rmeyer(at)mhsc(dot)com
Internet phone:
Personal web pages: <>
Company web-site: <>
I bet the human brain is a kludge.