Re: [HACKERS] Minor problem with Solaris 2.7beta

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ridderbusch(dot)pad(at)sni(dot)de (Frank Ridderbusch)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Minor problem with Solaris 2.7beta
Date: 1998-10-12 01:04:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Please enter a FULL description of your problem:
>
> Build process does not create a shared library in
> src/pl/plpgsql/src/Makefile.
>

> Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a
> concise reproducible example, if at all possible:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-6.4
> make
>
> The compilation process stops in the directory src/pl/plpgsql/src with
> undefined symbols while linking.
>
> If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:
> At the top of src/pl/plpgsql/src/Makefile there is a definition
>
> PORTNAME=solaris_sparc

This should be solaris_i386 for you.  Why did it choose solaris_sparc?
Did configure guess this value?

> However this is solaris_i386. And later there are these four lines:
>
> ifeq ($(PORTNAME), solaris)
>   LDFLAGS_SL            := -G -z text
>   CFLAGS                += $(CFLAGS_SL)
> endif
>
> There LDFLAGS_SL are not correctly setup to build a shared library.
>
> I removed the _sparc from PORTNAME and '-z text' from
> LDFLAGS_SL. After this everything compiled fine.

OK, the configuration Makefiles looked for 'solaris' while we now have
'solaris_i386' and 'solaris_sparc'.  I have fixed these files, and
removed the '-z text' from the solaris_i386 makefiles.  Get a new
version of postgresql and let me know how it goes.