vacuum crash

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: vacuum crash
Date: 1998-10-08 00:02:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Here is a modified version of the vacuum crash I am studying.

Interesting is that if I do a 'vacuum getting' instead of 'select * from
getting;vacuum;', I see a different error message.  Rather than a crash
due to an Assert(), psql shows:

	NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
	NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

and the postmaster log file shows:

	ERROR:  cannot write block -1 of  [] blind
	AbortCurrentTransaction
	NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

This can be debugged by commenting out the psql command at the end,
running the script, and then running a backend from gdb and doing
'vacuum getting'.

This looks like it may be easier to track down.  Vadim, any chance you
can bail me out here, again.