Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump

From: "Matthew C(dot) Aycock" <matt(at)mathcs(dot)emory(dot)edu>
To: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump
Date: 1998-10-02 13:16:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Thomas,

Go ahead and commit your patches for the double quote stuff.
I need to resync with CVS. I inadverently deleted the original
files that I was using. I will create new patches after the
commits from you and Jan.

Matt
> > After looking at the code for pg_dump, it appears that all identifiers
> > go through fmtId which does as you thougt, it looks to see if a character
> > is non-lower case, a digit, or an '_' then it double quotes it.
> > I am going to change this behavior to always double quote it and see
> > if it breaks anything.
>
> I've already got patches to do the double-quote thing, with a command
> line option (-n) to recover the old behavior. Will commit that, so you
> will only need to do the memory leak stuff. Or would you prefer that I
> send you my patches and you can integrate them?
>
>                    - Tom

Matthew C. Aycock
Operating Systems Analyst/Admin, Senior
Dept Math/CS
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Internet:  matt(at)mathcs(dot)emory(dot)edu

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Jan WieckDate: 1998-10-02 13:36:09