regproc fix

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: regproc fix
Date: 1998-10-02 05:28:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I have implemented a regproc fix.

Now, if you supply just the pg_proc.proname, and it is unique, you can
use it.

If there is more than one match for that proname, it prints a message
saying you have to supply the oid in quotes:

	test=> create table testr(x regproc);
	CREATE
	test=> insert into testr values ('int4in');
	INSERT 18665 1
	test=> insert into testr values (300);
	ERROR:  parser: attribute 'x' is of type 'regproc' but expression is of type 'int4'
	        You will need to rewrite or cast the expression
	test=> insert into testr values ('300');
	INSERT 18666 1
	test=> insert into testr values ('int4');
	ERROR:  There is more than one procedure named oid4.
		Supply the desired pg_proc oid inside single quotes.

One remaining problem is that you have to supply the oid in quotes,
because regproc has to get a string, not an int.  Perhaps we need
another regprocin that allows int4 or char*, but I don't think you can
allow two input functions for a type.

Perhaps we can just leave it.  We also output the proname, even if they
used the oid as input.