postodbc on sparc2.5.1

From: "John Sharp" <JSharp(at)cfipro(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postodbc on sparc2.5.1
Date: 1998-09-02 18:17:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
     I have been trying to implement postodbc on a solaris sparc 2.5.1.
     (source distribution from insightdist.com v0249).

     I have got it to compile but not load yet.

     made the following changes to config.h
     #define WINAPI
     typedef void* HINSTANCE;
     #define INADDR_NONE -1

     changed all <config.h> to "config.h".

     The following functions weren't found by the loader:
     LoadLibrary
     FreeLibrary
     GetProcAddress
     parse_command

     Noticed that parse_command was implemented in parse.c which was left
     out of the object list.  Added this and parse_command was found by the
     linker but SQLColumns now not found.  Note: all functions not found by
     the linker are Window's APIs.

     Tried linking in the libiodbc.a file.  The linker found the missing
     functions but now SQLError is a multiple define.

     Should I remove the implementation for SQLError in postodbc to
     eliminate the final linker error.  Is this the right way to go, or is
     there some other solution?

     John Sharp

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: James Olin OdenDate: 1998-09-02 20:59:49