Re: [HACKERS] Core dump in regression tests.

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: szybist(at)boxhill(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Core dump in regression tests.
Date: 1998-08-30 23:24:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I recompiled the latest cvs with -O2 and found that the crash on
> table creation was NOT now failing so I'm a little confused :-(
>
> I'm just updating my cvs, and will do another build and see how
> things go.
>
> If only I had the same failures as before I'd be able to confirm
> your suspicions on indexing.c
>
> Til Later,
> Keith.

OK, I am applying my patch now. I certainly fixes a potential problem,
so I suspect it will fix the problems you are seeing.

Thomas, perhaps it will fix the regression problems too. No way to
know.

Here is the new while loop. Much better.

sd = index_beginscan(idesc, false, num_keys, skey);
while (indexRes = index_getnext(sd, ForwardScanDirection))
{
ItemPointer iptr;

iptr = &indexRes->heap_iptr;
tuple = heap_fetch(heapRelation, SnapshotNow, iptr, &buffer);
pfree(indexRes);
if (HeapTupleIsValid(tuple))
break;
}

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026