upgrading to 6.4 from 6.3

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Cc: vadim(at)sable(dot)krasnoyarsk(dot)su (Vadim B(dot) Mikheev)
Subject: upgrading to 6.4 from 6.3
Date: 1998-08-30 03:11:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Here is the last thing I think I promised for 6.4.  It is a script that
will allow 6.3.* users to upgrade to 6.4 without reloading all their
data.

It works by copying the user tables/index files to a backup directory,
destroying and recreating the database, then using the
pg_dump/pg_dumpall output to re-create the tables and indexes, without
the COPY commands.  It then moves the table/index files back into the
directory.

If it works and people like it, I will write up a manual page, and
mention it so people can use it.

I am not sure how to preserve the database owner because I need to
drop/recreate the database.  Any ideas?

Vadim, I assume you did not change anything in the table or index
structure.  You mentioned an index change, but I do not think you made
it, did you?