Re: [HACKERS] odd pg_dump output?

From: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp (Tatsuo Ishii)
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] odd pg_dump output?
Date: 1998-08-29 23:25:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 4:27 PM 98.8.29 +0000, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

>Thanks Tatsuo! But these are older problems, not new breakage from me,
>right?

Oh yes, yes. I know you are not responsible for these bugs.
I should have made clear this point.

>Have you had a chance to test the latest pg_dump with your
>patches? I'm still concerned that I didn't test pg_dump with a
>regression test dump/reload/dump sequence (by comparing the two dump
>files).

Not yet. pg_dump with the regression db fails while dumping constraints
related tables (I don't remeber table names).
Seems this is due to the constraints test failure (backend's death).
Still I have serious regression problems with my LinuxPPC box.
As someone mentioned none -O2 might hep. If that fixes the problems,
I think I can start the testing of pg_dump. I will try this today.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp