foreign keys

From: "Gemeinschaft Studienarbeit Datenbanken" <oodbms(at)floppy(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: foreign keys
Date: 1998-08-28 17:23:26
Lists: pgsql-general
Greetings,

we have been trying to include into a couple of tables a definition to
use foreign keys from other tables. We tried the way just below and as
result we got a statement that

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/FOREIGN KEY clause ignored; not yet implemented
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/FOREIGN KEY clause ignored; not yet implemented

create table Bestellung (
 Bearbeitungsnummer		int4 not null primary key,
 Bestellnummer			int4 references Spiele_pkey,
 Kundennummer			int4 references Kunde_pkey,
 Lieferstrasse			text,
 Lieferplz			text,
 Lieferstadt			text,
 Bestelldatum			datetime not null,
 Preis				money not null,
 Datenmedium			text not null,
 Lieferdatum			datetime not null );

And the question now arising to the two of us doing this is: how do we get
something like foreign keys included into our tables at all?

Any helping pointers or solutions will be accepted ;-)

Thanks for helping,

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: David C LawrenceDate: 1998-08-28 21:46:15