tcl incompatabilities

From: Brook Milligan <brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: tcl incompatabilities
Date: 1998-08-28 14:54:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am having problems with libpgtcl from the current snapshot and
tcl-8.0p2. I gather this is because of a changing API in tcl, because
libpgtcl used to compile fine.

What is the solution to these ongoing problems? Do we have a bunch of
compatability macros in some header file? Do we have a bunch of
#ifdef code segments in the main files? Do we need to have stuff in
the configure script to record the tcl version in order to activate
the appropriate parts of the library?

Cheers,
Brook