Open 6.4 items

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: Open 6.4 items
Date: 1998-08-24 02:08:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

With the 6.4 beta just over a week away, here are the open items I see
for 6.4. We actually have fewer than usual, so that is a good thing.
Many of the latter ones are fairly rare bugs.

change pg args for platforms that don't support argv changes
(setproctitle()?, sendmail hack?)
permissions on indexes: what do they do? should it be prevented?
man pages/sgml synchronization (dump out man pages as postscript?)
cidr/IP address type
low level locking - status?
improve reporting of syntax errors by showing location of error in query
clean up username and indentifier length problems
large object improvements
use index with constants on functions
allow chainging of pages to allow >8k tuples
SERIAL type auto-creates sequence
fix problem when DEFAULT string for CHAR() is not same as column
remove PARSEDEBUG defines if not longer needed
SELECT oid @ oid @ oid FROM pg_user fails with parser error, not function error
CONSTRAINT does not pg_dump properly, paren problem
double-quotes from pg_dump of field names
document/trigger/rule so changes to pg_shadow create pg_pwd
large objects issues
improve group handling
re-assign resno's for rewrite system
order by mis-ordering result(Tom Lane/HPUX)
have psql dump out rules text with new function
Allow IN in DEFAULT section
make identifiers 31 in scanner
cnf-ify still can exhaust memory

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026