Re: [INTERFACES] lo_tell

From: "Christopher S(dot) Weimann" <cweimann(at)wallnet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, peter(at)taer(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] lo_tell
Date: 1998-08-17 17:57:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 10:40:11AM +0100, Peter T Mount wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Christopher S. Weimann wrote:
> >
> > Anyway in the course of this I discoverd that lo_tell returns an
> > int rather than a long. Is there a limitation to the size of a
> > large object or just a limitation in lo_tell?
>
> There shouldn't be a limit, except that the lo is stored in as a
> table/index pair - and they are not tested much past 2Gb (not many of us
> have larger than 2Gb spare to test it).

Oops! I just checked and an int and a long are both 4 bytes so
this turns out to have been stupid question.

I know that ftell returns a long and figured that lo_tell should
be the same.

Christopher Weimann SysAdmin Wall Internet LLC.
Email: cweimann(at)wallnet(dot)com PO Box 255
Web: http://www.wallnet.com/~cweimann Manasquan NJ, 08736
732-223-1777