creatng a new interface to postgresql, how do I update a field with a particular oid?

From: Mark Nielsen <psql(at)www(dot)tcu-inc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org (interface)
Subject: creatng a new interface to postgresql, how do I update a field with a particular oid?
Date: 1998-08-03 01:52:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello!

I think this might be a better place to post messages than the hackers
mailing list. I didn't catch this one the first time.

Anyways, I don't know if a web version currently exists, but I have gotten
a web interface to at least be able to view data from tables. Now I want
to update data.

If people are interested in what I am doing and would like to help out,
I am using ePerl, apache, and Javascript and you can e-mail me at
psql(at)tcu-inc(dot)com

Anyways, my question is, I want to update specific rows according to their
oids. Oh, I am also using the perl module Pg. I can find out the oid of
the data retrieved, but I want to update data according to their oid.

Is there any easy way to do this using the moduel Pg or a select
statement? I couldn't find anything with the select statement and was
hoping Pg had something in it, but I couldn't find anything in it as well.

Thanks!

Mark

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Mark NielsenDate: 1998-08-03 02:04:07