Problem in compilation

From: Sandeep <san(at)cs(dot)unipune(dot)ernet(dot)in>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem in compilation
Date: 1998-07-29 15:07:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
hello,

please redirect this mail to appropriate list, as i do not remember that.

i am trying to compile postgres95 on DGUX 5.4R3.10 and i get few warnings
about "left hand side expression of , in sigvect at .... has no effect". Will
it harm if i ignore these??

also <sys/select.h> is absent on my system so for compiling postgres i have
undefined HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H, but i do not know whether it will have a negative
effect or not. please advice me on that.

(if someone can send the above mentioned file (missing on my system) for
DGUX, that will be great help.)

somehow i managed to compile after undefining HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H, but now i get
following errors at linking time. can you advice me on - what could be missing
because of which i get these errors.
 Undefined			first referenced
 symbol  			    in file
yy_flush_buffer                     parser/SUBSYS.o
inet_aton                           libpq/SUBSYS.o
ld: postgres: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to postgres
make[1]: *** [postgres] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Peter T MountDate: 1998-07-29 16:22:27