Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC JAVA interface

From: Cyril Ferrand <Cyril(dot)Ferrand(at)sophia(dot)inria(dot)fr>
To: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC JAVA interface
Date: 1998-07-16 09:14:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Cyril Ferrand wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > Does anybody have written a Postgresql interface using jdbc? An applet of a
> > Application use AWT. I work on it, I would make selection and have graphical
> > result...
> > If someone have exemple, Thanks.
>
> There are several out there. I'm working on one, and I know (don't
> have the url) of another general purpose frontend thats being
> written at the moment.
>
> Infact one is in the driver's source distribution. When you make the
> driver, run:
>
> [jdbc]$ make examples
> [jdbc]$ java example.ImageViewer jdbc:postgresql:dbase user password
>
> replace dbase, user and password with your values for an empty database.
>
> >From the source:
>
> This example tests the binary large object api of the driver.
> Basically, it will allow you to store and view images held in the
> database.
>
> Note: If you are running this for the first time on a particular
> database, you have to select "Initialise" in the "PostgreSQL"
> menu. This will create a table used to store image names.

Thanks for your answer, i look at Imageviwer.
My app Java with AWT work (beta version) but my pb is to plot result in a new
frame. I know how to make a new frame with graphs use drawline. But my first
idea is to use applet PtPlot, but I must convert it in a awt app not an applet.

Cyril.

* Cyril Ferrand : mailto:cyril(dot)ferrand(at)sophia(dot)inria(dot)fr *
* http://www.mygale.org/05/ironmask *