Re: [HACKERS] Re: (postgres) Libpq Win32

From: roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br (Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia)
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: (postgres) Libpq Win32
Date: 1998-07-03 14:57:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

I was looking for a libpq version to compile in Win32 platform.

I'm porting my applications from mSQL to PostgreSQL 6.3.2 most of it are CGI and run at UNIX box but I will develop a Engeneering Eletric Calculation System for the Win32 platform with all data stored into PostgreSQL at Unix BOX.

Is it possible to get this patch, or it will be available only in PostgreSQL 6.4?

>> Hello!
>>
>> Through some minor changes, I have been able to compile the libpq client
>> libraries on the Win32 platform. Since the libpq communications part has
>> been rewritten, this has become much easier. Enclosed is a patch that
>> will allow at least Microsoft Visual C++ to compile libpq into both a
>> static and a dynamic library.
>> I will take a look at porting the psql frontend as well, but I figured
>> it was a good idea to send in these patches first - so no major changes
>> are done to the files before it gets applied (if it does).
>>
>> The patches patch clean against the snapshot from Jun 20 (I don't have
>> cvs, so I got it from the ftp site). It modifies only the
>> interfaces/libpq/* files and the include/postgres.h file.
>> It also creates the following new files:
>> interfaces/libpq/win32.mak - Makefile for Win32 (Visual C)
>> interfaces/libpq/libpqdll.c - Routine required to compile dynamic
>> library
>> interfaces/libpq/lubpqdll.def - List of functions to export from dynamic
>> lib
>> interfaces/libpq/win32.h - Misc header stuff req. to work in win32
>> win32.mak - Top level make file. Will only
>> make libpq now.
>>
>> To compile it, you just issue the command
>> "nmake /F win32.mak"
>> src directory. A static and a dynamic version will be created.
>>
>> When I have finished checking over the possiblities of doing the psql
>> part too, I will look at writing a short README on how to do it.
>>

>> I hope this is interesting, and gets incorporated in the source soon.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Magnus Hagander
>>

>I have applied this fine patch to allow WIN32 compiles of libpq. Nice
>job, and a good feature for us.
>

>--
>Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
>maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
> + If your life is a hard drive, | (610) 353-9879(w)
> + Christ can be your backup. | (610) 853-3000(h)

Eng. Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia E-mail: roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br
F. 55 11 848 9906 FAX 55 11 848 9955

MHA Engenharia de Projetos Ltda
E-mail: mha(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br WWW: http://www.mha.com.br

Av Maia Coelho Aguiar, 215 Bloco D 2 Andar
Centro Empresarial de Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo - BRASIL - 05805 000