Re: [INTERFACES] Escape Characters

From: roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br (Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Escape Characters
Date: 1998-06-25 17:08:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi all!

I have this problem too!

\' == '
\" == "

but

\\ == \\  How to insert the character \

Thank you

Roberto

>I am trying to insert/update information in a char field, and
>unfortunately the information can include any of the printable ascii
>characters.  The problem that I am having is that ocassionally a "\"
>character is present and is subsequently ignored when the data is
>inserted/updated.  I have tried inserting and additional "\", but the
>data inserted/updated then contains two "\" characters.  If anyone could
>
>help, I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.
>
>John

Eng. Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia         E-mail: roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br
F. 55 11 848 9906   FAX  55 11 848 9955

MHA Engenharia de Projetos Ltda
E-mail: mha(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br    WWW: http://www.mha.com.br

Av Maia Coelho Aguiar, 215 Bloco D     2 Andar
Centro Empresarial de Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo - BRASIL - 05805 000

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Dallas HockleyDate: 1998-06-25 18:48:58