ERROR: RelationCatalogInformation: Relation 20705 not found

From: Brett McCormickS <brett(at)abraxas(dot)scene(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: RelationCatalogInformation: Relation 20705 not found
Date: 1998-05-14 00:19:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I dropped and recreated a table and then tried to access it from a previously
opened database connection (mod_perl). I did do a pg_dump -z -s -t for
the table info, and just changed a not null attribute. (anyway to change
without recreating table?)

I could not reproduce it in another db, but -- I was using two different
users in this case, and the user of the previously opened connection
was affected by the grant.

It would appear that we have some catalog cache updating problems..
Closing the connection and re-opening always seems to fix it.