removing the exec() from doexec()

From: Brett McCormickS <brett(at)abraxas(dot)scene(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: removing the exec() from doexec()
Date: 1998-04-30 01:20:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I'm planning on removing the exec from DoExec() and instead just
dispatch to the appropriate function.

I don't plan on any changes to the usage of "arguments" to this new
process, basically I'll just store them somewhere and then the forked
backend can process them.

Is there anything I should keep in mind?  I'd like this to eventually
be integrated into the source tree -- any particular reason why we use
exec() when we're just re-invoking the same binary?

p.s. this is so my ssl patch doesn't have to negotiate twice -- very expensive