Re: [INTERFACES] Can't connect with ODBC

From: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Michael Moss <michael(at)bstudios(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Can't connect with ODBC
Date: 1998-04-23 13:22:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Quoting Michael Moss (michael(at)bstudios(dot)com):
> I installed the Insight ODBC driver, but I can't seem to connect using
> Access 97. I keep getting an error of "User authentication failed (#10)".
> I'm not sure that I have everything setup properly. Is there a checklist of
> some sort that I can use to test my configuration?

	Did you start the backend with -i -p 5432
	In the newer backend it is not the default to start with tcp/ip
support.
	You can still connect with psql on the local machine but it will
fail on the backend.

Julie

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]