Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC 16 bit support

From: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>
To: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC 16 bit support
Date: 1998-04-20 14:20:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Quoting David Hartwig (daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com):
> We offered our driver to you, to do with, as you wish.  Our only purpose was to
> strengthen the PostgreSQL effort.   It appears that we have failed in this
> effort.    Nonetheless, the offer still holds.  Only, we are withdrawing our
> cooperative support.   Life is too short to take this kind of grief.  (see Billy
> Gates karma.)

	I warned you that the 16/32 bit issue was a powder keg...  The
trouble I believe is that, even under NT/95, if you are running 16 bit
apps they need a 16 bit ODBC driver.  And dropping support for 16 bit
machines is only going to cause grief.

	David...  Your company did a bang up job on fixing the 32 bit
support.  That can't be denied.  We just need to figure out how to mesh
the support for 16 bit into it.

Julie

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]