Re: [INTERFACES] Naming of the PostreSQL ODBC .dll file

From: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>, "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Naming of the PostreSQL ODBC .dll file
Date: 1998-04-17 16:19:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Quoting Byron Nikolaidis (byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com):
> That was one of the biggest changes with this driver.  It no longer supports
> 16 bit windows.  All the messy Dummy Handle Lists that used to be mainted were
> eliminated and now the handle is the pointer to the structure for all the
> Statement functions.  The old driver used GlobalAlloc and GlobalLock to handle
> 16 bit because the pointer returned by malloc may be moved and is not
> sufficient to be used for a handle.  In 32 bit windows, you can safely use
> malloc.

	The last time I made mumblings of droping 16 bit support I got
roasted pretty good.  There seem to still be a lot of 16 bit users out
there that would like to use the driver.

Julie

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]