Re: [INTERFACES] Perl module: Postgres - obsolete?

From: "Boersenspielteam" <boersenspiel(at)vocalweb(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Perl module: Postgres - obsolete?
Date: 1998-03-07 23:43:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

> > Yep, my legacy code ;-)
> >
> Ah, okay...not sure, but I *think* you should be okay as mentioned
> above, with just changing the shared library and going...but since I've
> not used the other perl interface, am not certain...

It works. We have a rather large application working with the old
interface from Vivek Khera. Edmund (maintainer of the "new"
interface, in fact at the time we decided to use Viveks interface, it
simply was more perlish, you'll find references in Edmunds code,
called old style) to pick up the sentence again: Edmund has added
a new function which fetches a complete line into a Perl array. This
one was missing and should help transition from Postgres.pm to Pg.pm.

Ciao

Das Boersenspielteam.

http://www.boersenspiel.de
Das Boersenspiel im Internet
*Realitaetsnah* *Kostenlos* *Ueber 6000 Spieler*