Coasting to 6.3 release

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: Coasting to 6.3 release
Date: 1998-02-28 05:09:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We are coasting to the March 1 release date. No show-stoppers, assuming
Thomas finishes the new manuals.

We have a lot of nice effort go into the release, with many people
involved, and some really heavy coding. Seems we did all the easy
coding in previous releases, so this release required the hard work, and
we have some heavy-duty features/fixes to show for it.

Also seems like we have more 'expert' developers now than we ever had
before. And we haven't really lost any big developers since we started
with PostgreSQL, except maybe Bryan Henderson. I take this stability to
mean we are managing things well, and the effort is well co-ordinated
and fruitful.

And I feel the features in 6.3, especially subselects, bring us up one
wrung on the database ladder.

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026