Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?

From: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp (Tatsuo Ishii)
To: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?
Date: 1998-02-24 22:46:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have been working with many of you for over a hear, and would like to
> know more details about you.

I'm 44 and live with my wife near old city KAMAKURA in Japan.
I love to take a walk around beach and small mountains.
(my house is located at 10 minutes walk from the seashore)
Another way I spend my spare time is listening to the music through
my old TANNOY speakers driven by an even older tube amplifier.

The first encounter with postgres was back to 1991 while I was
in Hawaii. I joined in a research project at University of Hawaii
to make a repository system to keep complex information. I choosed
postgres (v2.0 at that time) as a database engine for it.
Although it was not so fast compared wih commercial RDBMSs,
I was impressed by its extensibility.
After coming back to Japan I started to run a mailing list to
discuss postgres in Japanese. Until now the list has over
700 members.

My "real" job is designing and making software for customers
on Unix boxes. I'm using various kind of platfoms including
SunOS, Solairs, FreeBSD, Linux ,MkLinux and they
are very convenient for testing PostgreSQL:-)
---
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp