Re: [HACKERS] Views on aggregates - need assistence

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Views on aggregates - need assistence
Date: 1998-02-23 19:46:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> That's exactly how I saw that the rewritten parsetree missed
> the groupClause from the views select and the hasAgg flag,
> and what told me that OffsetVarNodes() and ChangeVarNodes()
> didn't handle the T_GroupClause :-)

Yep, the fact the switch defaults to nothing can be a problem. Some
day, I was going to look at all the switch defaults to make sure
skipping it is really the proper thing to do, rather than elog out.

> Anyway - the rewrite system doesn't handle the view queries
> sortClause, havingQual and unionClause either. And I really
> think doing all this in one step is better than groupClause
> now and the others later. But doing all is way too much to be
> done properly for 6.3. So I ask for moving all these issues
> into the 6.4 TODO.

Actually, it does handle unions of views, but not views of unions.
Informix doesn't support it either, and I don't know what the other
dbms's do, but I think I am going to find out soon from someone. :-)

I will move it to the TODO list.

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026