Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions
Date: 1998-02-20 22:11:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>     This  flag is useful anyway. We change the world now that ALL
>     views are overriding the acl checks. If we have this flag  we
>     can  setup  views  that  behave  like before (user cannot see
>     anything through the view he cannot see without) and use  the
>     overriding  only  in  cases  we need it (like for the pg_user
>     permissions problem). I'll work on it.

OK, but why would anyone want the old behavior?

I guess if you have a table that is not select-able by everyone, and you
create a view on it, the default permits will allow select to others.
You would have to set the permit on that view.  Is there more to that
pg_class flag you want to add?

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us