subselects

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Cc: vadim(at)sable(dot)krasnoyarsk(dot)su (Vadim B(dot) Mikheev)
Subject: subselects
Date: 1998-01-21 04:21:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, I now have rewrites working with subselects. At least, I think it
will work. No way to test it yet.

It basically rewrites all the subqueries first, then the main query. It
does the lowest queries first. I do this so if a rewrite adds a
subquery as part of the rewrite, the new subquery does not get
processed.

For each query rewritten, I have code to go into each SubLink and recode
any correlated variables that reference the outer query level I am
rewriting. Pretty slick.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us