Re: Possible SELECT bug in 7.0.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jean-Louis Leroy <jll(at)tangram-persistence(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible SELECT bug in 7.0.2
Date: 2000-12-30 05:33:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Jean-Louis Leroy <jll(at)tangram-persistence(dot)org> writes:
> Both result sets seem wrong; even more bizarre, adding a column in the
> projection affects the result set.
> In addition, Tangram's test suite runs flawlessly against Sybase,
> Mysql, Oracle and Postgres 6.4.2.

Seems fishy, but there's not enough info here to diagnose the problem.

Does EXPLAIN show nested mergejoin plans for the failing queries?
If so, that's a known bug that is fixed in 7.0.3.  If not, I'd like
to see enough info to reproduce the problem --- a pg_dump database
dump and a procedure for reproducing the error after reload would
do nicely ...