Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>, Igor Kovalenko <Igor(dot)Kovalenko(at)motorola(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking
Date: 2001-11-27 17:45:18
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Let me add that the number of patches that go into .1 and later releases
> is decreasing, so we may be more aggresive this time in branching the
> development tree earlier this time.

Maybe. Beta has been so quiet that I figure either (a) we've got a real
solid release here, or (b) hardly anyone's beta testing. If it's (a)
then the post-release period will be quiet too. If it's (b) ...

If things are still quiet two weeks after release then I'd be ready
to make the branch then. If not, we'll know we need more time.