Re: Creating server-side functions: one simple error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland(at)scn(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creating server-side functions: one simple error
Date: 2002-10-09 13:54:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland(at)scn(dot)ru> writes:
> I have to create my own function in C lanuage, which
> will use SPI. The problem that when I had done all things,
> PostgreSQL says:
>     isbs=# select pgf1test('123');
>     ERROR:  Can't find function pgf1test in file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgf1test.so

But it got past the CREATE FUNCTION command without complaint?  That's
odd, because CREATE FUNCTION should make the same check.

Does the behavior change if you start a fresh session?  If so, see
the LOAD command, which you need to use (or start a fresh session)
after any change of the shared library file.