Re: pg_dump: schema with OID 2200 does not exist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chander Ganesan <chander(dot)ganesan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump: schema with OID 2200 does not exist
Date: 2012-05-09 14:20:21
Lists: pgsql-admin
Chander Ganesan <chander(dot)ganesan(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I'm running into a weird issue with PostgreSQL 9.1.3 and PostGIS 2.0
> when trying to dump a table - no matter what table I try to dump in this
> database, I find that I get the same error, as evidenced below (scroll
> down for relevant data/error output.)

2200 would normally be the "public" schema.  Since you show it having a
different OID, I suppose you dropped and recreated it at some point.
The question is, how did you manage to do that if there were still
objects in it?  Can you reproduce the sequence of events that led to
this state of affairs?  Since you mention moving things with ALTER
EXTENSION, I wonder if there could be a bug in that, but this report
is way too vague for somebody else to investigate.