Re: 8.1.8 autovacuum missing databases

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Ian Westmacott <ianw(at)intellivid(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.1.8 autovacuum missing databases
Date: 2008-04-30 16:27:49
Lists: pgsql-admin
> Right -- if you have two databases over the wraparound edge, it will
> alternate between them.

> I still think that the autovac is dying before completing the task.  Did
> you investigate whether there are "ERROR" messages coming from
> autovacuum?  No PG crashes would happen.

AFAICS, if it's triggering a whole_db run and the run fails to get to
the point of updating pg_database, then the next run will pick the very
same db.

I'm noticing though that the 8.1 logic pays attention to both
datvacuumxid and datfrozenxid.  Could we see the age() of both of
those columns for all the databases?