Synchronization of records in multiple databases

From: norman <norman_khine(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: PostGreSQL <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Synchronization of records in multiple databases
Date: 2008-01-18 17:55:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,
I have a single database running an on-line application, we would like to take this and setup an intranet version to run at a exhibition/event where users will be able to add/modify records. In the mean time our 'live' system will still be running. So my question is whether it is possible to merge/sync the changed records back into the master database and also update the child-database with any changes?
What are the issues that I need to consider and can this be done with multiple of-line instances?
Thanks
Norman