Re: BUG #4771: Postgres wont start

From: Christine Penner <christinep(at)telus(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4771: Postgres wont start
Date: 2009-04-23 03:08:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I get no error. The only way I know its not connected is by trying to
log in to pgAdmin. It tells me the server doesn't listen. Then I told
it to start. Last time that worked. Now it won't start at all but it
never gives any error.

When I tried to open it with pg_ctl it tells me can not open PID file
(Postmaster.pid). Permission denied. That's odd because I am an
administrative user on Vista and it was working at one point.

Should Postgres not be in the Program Files directory for Vista?
In any case how to I fix it. I want to at least get the data out so I
can re load it. I have a backup but its not as recent as I would like.

Christine