Re: Problem installing Postgres 8.4.1

From: Christine Penner <christine(at)ingenioussoftware(dot)com>
To: Sachin Srivastava <sachin(dot)srivastava(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Postgres-Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem installing Postgres 8.4.1
Date: 2009-09-21 19:23:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

At 11:57 AM 21/09/2009, you wrote:
>What error you get when you run initdb?? (Also what exact command you run?)

The first time I just double clicked on the file initdb.exe. Just now
I tried to run it through the command prompt and go this, this is the
same stuff that was in the log file in the temp directory after I ran
the installer:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin>initdb.exe -D C:\PostgreSQL\8.4\data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "User".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale English_Canada.1252.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to WIN1252.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

fixing permissions on existing directory C:/PostgreSQL/8.4/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... initdb: could not create directory "C:/PostgreSQL":
File exists
initdb: removing contents of data directory "C:/PostgreSQL/8.4/data"

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin>

I deleted the PostgreSQL Directory that was there (empty) and tried
again and now it tells me that initdb.exe is not a valid win32 application