Re: patch to create system view that lists cursors

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch to create system view that lists cursors
Date: 2006-01-13 00:27:57
Lists: pgsql-patches

> The tests above seem fairly ad-hoc.

No kidding. But what do you think the correct test is? The comment's
claim that stuff named "<unnamed cursor>" should be suppressed seems
wrong to begin with, as those are perfectly good cursors. I'm also
unconvinced that a test on portal->status is a good idea, as I doubt
that ACTIVE should be excluded, and I'm not sure that DONE or FAILED
should be either, and NEW is probably a non-issue because you'll never
see it from within a running command.

What is the point of having this code discriminate against any portals
whatever?